Boredom is unknown in Engen. Throughout the year there are concerts, exhibitions, markets, cabarets, lectures, recitals and different festivals in Engen.
• Our town can look back on a very long market tradition from medieval times up to today. But there are new ideas as well: the first Easter market was held in April 2001, covering all aspects of Easter and spring. Traditional Easter decorations, the designing and decorating Easter eggs, bunnies and a broad selection of spring flowers are to be seen, as well as entertainment programmes for young and old. Especially arts craftsmen are given the opportunity to show their skills.
• Engen's Old City Festival the end of july is the special highlight in the Hegau region with the motto "The alleys are shaking".Till late at night a flea market, street artists, theatre, music and dance attract thousands of visitors from all over the neighbourhood.
• The children's holiday programme offers a wide and colourful variety of activities.
• The Eco-Market attracts lots of visitors in September - it is a big platform for ecological production and products lessening the burden on the environment.
• The String Puppet Theatre
Every year in December a string puppet theatre takes place in one of the oldest buildings in Engen, the "Grainhouse". The performances not only enchant children, but their parents and all other adults as well.
• The Christmas Market changes the old quarters of the town into a fairy tale. The smell of mulled wine, the craftsmen with their typical Christmas season articles, more than 100 stands, brass bands and choirs playing and singing Christmas carols and a living crib complete a most wonderful scene for every visitor.
Info at Culture Office Engen
Tel: +49 7733 502-249, Fax: +49 7733 502-299